It is Department of Defense (DoD) Policy to rely on the community as the primary source of housing for Service Members eligible to draw basic allowance for housing (BAH). Over 70% of active military members and their families live in the communities that neighbor our installations. To support this customer base, Navy Housing Service Centers (HSC) provide a full suite of community housing options, cost savings programs, and support services. To assist the majority of Service Members and their family members that live in the community, Navy HSCs have a variety of services to help:
• HOMES.mil - The official DoD website, dedicated to helping Service Members, DoD civilians, and their families find community housing.
• Home Finding Counseling - The HSC will assess your needs and counsel you about your available housing choices.
• Rental Partnership Program (RPP) - RPP is designed to provide Service Members and their families with suitable and affordable community housing at reduced rates and aid in defraying some of the cost incurred by relocation.
• Listings Management - The HSC maintains community housing listings (including privatized military housing) at each installation that meet suitability, affordability, and safety criteria for military members.
• Lease Services - Trained HSC staff review leases, provide sample leases, and assist in the negotiation of leases, if needed.
Select one of the tabs below or the menu button to begin exploring community housing information.