An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Welcome to commander fleet activities yokosuka housing

Our mission is to provide housing support for Service Members and their families assigned to Commander Fleet Activities (CFA) Yokosuka.  Our goal is to assist our customers in locating suitable, safe and affordable housing.  We have a range of housing options to meet your needs, whether accompanied or unaccompanied.  


New Resources Available: If you are looking at renting or buying a home in the local community,
there are new resources available on the
community housing page.                                               

Select one of the tabs below or the menu button to begin exploring CFA Yokosuka housing. 

Navy Housing Service Center (HSC):

Yokosuka Housing Services Center
Main Housing Service Center Bldg. 1441

Mailing Address:
Commander, Fleet Activities Yokosuka
PSC 473 Box 131
FPO AP 96349-0131

DSN:  243-9037
DSN Fax:  243-7415

From the United States:  011-81-46-816-9037
Fax:  011-81-46-816-7415
Hours:  Monday - Friday:  8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. 
1st Wednesday of every month:  8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Unaccompanied Housing (UH):

PSC 473 Box 40
FPO, AP 96349-0040

Front Desk & Check-in:  Building #3333

DSN:  243-5569
From the United States:  011-81-46-816-5569 
Hours:  Monday - Sunday:  8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (Including Holidays)


Main Gate: Enter Main Gate onto King St., travel north on King St. until Howard St.  Turn right onto Howard St. which turns into Rickert Dr. after two tunnels.  Keep on Rickert Dr. through the third tunnel and turn right at the corner onto Duncan St. after passing the gas station and VRO building The Housing Services Center is located on the left at Bldg. 1441, next to Navy Lodge.

Womble Gate: Enter Womble Gate onto Nimitz Blvd and travel until you come to Howard St.   Turn right onto Howard St. which turns into Rickert Dr. after two tunnels.  Keep on Rickert Dr. through the third tunnel and turn right at the corner onto Duncan St. after passing the gas station and VRO building The Housing Services Center is located on the left at Bldg. 1441, next to Navy Lodge.
Main Gate: Enter Main Gate onto King St., travel north on King St. until Halsey Blvd.  Turn right onto Halsey Blvd and travel until you come to Schley St.  Turn right on Schley St. Schley St. turns into Sampson Ave.  Sampson Ave will intersect with Nimitz Blvd.  Turn left onto Nimitz Blvd.  Head north on Nimitz Blvd to Clement Blvd. Turn right at Clement Blvd to Kinkaid St.  Unaccompanied Housing is located on the left at Bldg. 3333.

Womble Gate: Enter Womble Gate onto Nimitz Blvd.  Travel north to Clement Blvd.  Turn right.  Travel east on Clement Blvd. to Kinkaid St.  Unaccompanied Housing is located on the left at Bldg. 3333.

Family Housing 

Accompanied personnel reporting to CFA Yokosuka has to reside in government-owned family housing.  Effective 24 Sep 2021, all newly reporting/incoming military families will be assigned to Military Family Housing or Ikego Hills, with no option to move off-base.  Check-in at the local Housing Service Center (HSC) upon arrival to the installation.  The HSC staff will assist with all of your home-finding needs.  

Government-Owned Housing 

The local HSC processes applications and assigns personnel to government-owned family housing.  The HSC is your advocate, and you should contact them with any issues.  For more information about on-base housing for accompanied personnel, including eligibility requirements, visit the CNIC Headquarters Government-Owned Housing page.  

The Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) enables Service Members and their families to apply for government-owned family housing prior to departure from their current command, before or after receiving permanent change of station orders.  Visit the CNIC HQ HEAT page to find out more.  

Additionally, you can obtain application forms online, at your nearest HSC, or you can contact the HSC have one mailed or emailed to you. 

Within 3 business days of arrival, check-in to the CFA Yokosuka HSC to sign up for the Housing Welcome Brief.   The brief is held at 9:30 a.m. Monday through Friday.   

There are 2,516 family housing units located aboard CFA Yokosuka including townhouses and high-rise apartments.  If appropriate quarters are not available upon arrival, personnel will be placed on a waiting list.  When a unit becomes available, the Service Member and family will receive a government-funded move from their off-base residence to family housing on base.  Contact the HSC to get the most current projection of housing availability and wait list information. 

Family Housing Photos & Floor Plans  
Unaccompanied Housing 

Depending on assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, unaccompanied housing (UH) options at CFA Yokosuka include barracks or dorms and housing in the local community.  

Barracks and Dorms 

UH is conveniently located on CFA Yokosuka, housing approximately 2806 berthing spaces with fair share distribution among all Afloat units and 776 berthing spaces for Permanent Party units.  Shore Duty E5 and above that are Bona Fide True Single and/or under Unaccompanied PCS Order are entitled to TLA and authorized to live off-base.

Accommodations are one or two persons to a room based on pay grade and square footage.  Building 3333 serves as the check-in point.  Linens are provided at check-in.  UH facilities include lounges equipped with televisions, washers and dryers, and vending machines in all buildings.  There are also recreational, fitness, dining, religious, educational and other amenities, most located within walking distance of UH.  Additional information on base amenities is available in the Welcome Aboard package.  

Resident advisors (RA) and geographic bachelors (GB) may also reside on-base.  RAs are senior personnel who provide an after-hours leadership presence to UH residents.  RAs sign a memorandum of understanding, agreeing to certain duties and responsibilities in exchange for a room in UH.  The program is strictly voluntary and open to personnel in pay grades E5 to E9 (E4 with their commanding officer’s recommendation), including GBs.  For more information about the RA program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH Administrative Office. 
GBs are personnel ordered to the installation who, by choice or circumstance, have decided that their dependents will continue to live in another geographic area.  GBs are receiving basic allowance for housing at the with dependents rate.  They are not normally authorized to live in UH; however, there are a limited number of spaces available for them.  GBs must submit an application that will be reviewed by the Assignment Review Board.  If approved, the GB will be placed on the waiting list and offered UH when it becomes available. 

Community Housing 

The Housing Service Center (HSC) maintains a current database of available off-base community rental properties for homes, apartments and townhomes.  Housing referral professionals inspect these rental properties for suitability.  The HSC assists with locating off-base housing in the local area, including:   

How to pay your utilities when residing in off-base housing:

Navy Housing Services

The Navy Housing Service Center (HSC) mission is to provide housing support for all families and unaccompanied personnel moving to or departing from the local area.  

Arrival Services:

  • Housing needs assessment

  • Temporary housing information

  • Personalized single-family home, condo and apartment finding assistance

  • Provide rental listings 

  • Verify eligibility and process applications for military housing 

  • Maintain military housing wait list

  • Maps and directions of local area

Departure Services:

  • Provide information on housing at your new duty station

  • Process and fax or email housing application packages to your new duty station

Additional Services:

  • Telephones, photocopy and fax machines are available without charge


The HSC's trained professionals can help you choose the right housing to meet your needs. is an official Department of Defense (DoD) website dedicated to helping Service Members, families and DoD civilians find housing. 


Service Members should check-in with the HSC upon arrival at the installation, even if planning on renting in the local community.  The HSC maintains a current database, that is accessible 24 hours a day, of available off-base community rental properties for homes, apartments and townhomes.  Housing referral professionals inspect these rental properties for suitability.  Additionally, the HSC provides lease review services and is your Navy advocate for you and your family when housing maintenance, health or safety issues arise.  For additional information on local community housing, please contact the HSC. 
To list your rental property or update your current listing with the Navy Housing Referral program, visit the CNIC HQ page for  Additionally, the Navy Housing YouTube page has instructional videos on using to create a property manager account and add or edit a property.

Issue Resolution 

Navy HSCs provide support with issue resolution for customers wherever they choose to live, whether in military or community housing. Our issue resolution services are provided to both the tenant and landlord free of charge.

Shipping, Weight Limits and POV  

Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) is responsible for Navy household goods (HHG) and personal property.  NAVSUP provides information and guidance to assist with permanent change of station (PCS) moves and the HHG claims process.  
Additionally, there are several other resources available for Service Members that are looking for information on shipping HHG and privately owned vehicles

Visit the CNIC headquarters Web site to access additional resources for PCS moves

Appliances and Electrical Requirements 

At CFA Yokosuka, all government-owned family housing units are furnished with major household appliances (i.e. refrigerator, electric range or stove, clothes washer and dryer, and dishwasher).  
The Housing Service Center (HSC) will provide loaner appliances for off-base housing (refrigerator, four-burner gas stove, washer or dryer, conventional or microwave oven, and transformer) as needed.  Additional utility fees may apply for gas stove connections. Contact the HSC for more information. 


Temporary loaner furniture is issued to accompanied and unaccompanied military and Department of Defense civilian personnel for a maximum of 90 days.  HHG must be in transit to be eligible for loaner furniture.  Furniture is loaned for up to 90 days or until the HHG shipment arrives, whichever occurs earlier.    
Please note that government-owned or community housing may not be large enough to accommodate large or heavy furniture. 


Dogs are only permitted in single-family/townhouses, and units up to the 3rd floor of housing towers.  Pets are NOT permitted in tower elevators for any reason or on any other floor above the 3rd.  Members are permitted to have no more than two pets in their assigned unit (e.g., two cats; one cat and one dog), cats are permitted in all housing units.  All pets must be registered with the Yokosuka Veterinary Services Office, have up-to-date vaccinations, and be micro-chipped for identification at all times.  Pet cats must be spayed or neutered.  Documentation certifying registration, vaccinations, spaying or neutering will be submitted to the HSC upon assignment.  Failure to submit the required documents may result in loss of pet privileges in FH.  Please note that depending on the size or breed of the dog, finding off-base housing may be difficult.  For more information, contact Yokosuka Veterinary Service Branch.


Yokosuka Housing FAQs

TextDescription automatically generated with medium confidenceHousing Early Assistance Tool

The Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) assists Service Members and their families in applying for housing Navy wide.  HEAT allows Service Members and their families to get the housing application process started at one or more Navy installations online before or after they receive their permanent change of station orders.  HEAT is available to any Service Member at all Navy installations.  HEAT creates an easy user experience to connect with your destination.  Spouses can use the application as well, needing only minimal information about their Service Member.  A housing referral professional will be in touch within 2 business days.

Policy, Forms and Resources
Other Information and Links

Moving Resources: 

Housing Allowance: 

Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act: 

School Information: 

Additional Resources:  


Google Translation Disclaimer

  • Google Translate, a third party service provided by Google, performs all translations directly and dynamically.
  • CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, has no control over the features, functions, or performance of the Google Translate service.
  • The automated translations should not be considered exact and should be used only as an approximation of the original English language content.
  • This service is meant solely for the assistance of limited English-speaking users of the website.
  • CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information translated.
  • Some items cannot be translated, including but not limited to image buttons, drop down menus, graphics, photos, or portable document formats (pdfs).
  • CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, does not directly endorse Google Translate or imply that it is the only language translation solution available to users.
  • All site visitors may choose to use similar tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk.
  • IE users: Please note that Google Translate may not render correctly when using Internet Explorer. Users are advised to use MS Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browser to take full advantage of the Google Translate feature.
  • The official text of content on this site is the English version found on this website. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in translated text, refer to the English version on this website, it is the official version.

Commander, Navy Installations Command   |   716 Sicard Street SE Suite 1000   |   Washington DC, 20374-5140
Official U.S. Navy Website