An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Welcome to Commander Fleet Activities Chinhae Housing

Our mission is to provide housing support for Service Members and their families assigned to Commander Fleet Activities Chinhae (CFAC).  Our goal is to assist our customers locating suitable, safe and affordable housing.  We have a range of housing options to meet your needs, whether accompanied or unaccompanied.  


New Resources Available: If you are looking at renting or buying a home in the local community,
there are new resources available on the
community housing page.                                               

Select one of the tabs below or the menu button to begin exploring CFAC housing. 

Navy Housing Service Center (HSC):

CFAC Office
Commander Fleet Activities Chinhae Housing Service Center
BLDG #715
PSC 479 Box 523
FPO AP 96269-1100
DSN: 315-763-5454
COMM Fax: 055-546-5319 (from the U.S.: 011-82-55-546-5319)
Off Base Local: 0503-363-5454
From the United States: 011-82-503-363-5454
Hours: Mon - Fri 0800-1700

Busan Office
97, Centum jungang-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan, Korea
Tower A, Room #501, 503

Off Base Local: 051-714-0843
From the United States: 011-82-51-714-0843

Hours: Mon - Fri 0800-1700

Unaccompanied Housing (UH):

UH Administration Office
Building 721, Kyongbok Street
PSC 497, FPO AP 96269
Front Desk & Check-in: Building 721
DSN: 315-763-5332
Off Base Local: 82-55-542-5336
From the United States: 011-82-55-542-5336

Hours: Mon-Sun 0730-2300, Korean National Holidays 0730-1530


Accompanied personnel reporting to CFAC have the option to reside in government-owned family housing or in the local community.  Check-in at the local Housing Service Center (HSC) arrival to the installation.  The HSC staff will assist with all of your home-finding needs.  

*Please note that the option to live in the community may change without notice. * 

Government-Owned Housing 

The local HSC processes applications and assigns personnel to government-owned family housing.  The HSC is your advocate, and you should contact them with any issues.  For more information about on-base housing for accompanied personnel, including eligibility requirements, visit the CNIC Headquarters Government-Owned Housing page.  

The Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) enables Service Members and their families to apply for government-owned family housing prior to departure from their current command, before or after receiving permanent change of station orders.  Visit the CNIC HQ HEAT page to find out more.  

Additionally, you can obtain application forms online, at your nearest HSC, or you can contact the HSC have one mailed or emailed to you. 

Within one week of arrival, check-in to the CFAC HSC to sign up for the Housing Welcome Brief.  

There are 50 family housing units available for military personnel aboard CFAC.  If appropriate quarters are not available upon arrival, personnel will be placed on a waiting list.  When a unit becomes available, the Service Member and family will receive a government-funded move from their off-base residence to family housing on base.  Contact the HSC to get the most current projection of housing availability and wait list information. 

All furniture and appliances are provided in the housing units, family housing is unable to store excess furniture please review the "must know information" tab for more information on furnishings and what to bring. Family housing is generally available to all command sponsored active-duty personnel with minimal or no waiting periods. Playgrounds are located within housing areas. Youth Center, picnic areas, gym, bowling center, commissary, exchange, chapel, and library are within walking distance to the housing area.

Applicants for Government quarters will submit an Application and Assignment to Military Family Housing, DD Form 1746, along with a copy of their orders to the housing office. Application forms and orders may be submitted by mail, email, in person by the sponsor, or by a member of the sponsor's immediate family. Application may be submitted at any time following the receipt of homeport or permanent change of station (PCS) orders. The housing organization, upon receipt of a member's application, will provide the member with a Status of Housing Availability, to inform them of the conditions of assignment to, or the availability of, family housing.


Military family housing is available to the following when they have 6 months or more remaining on their tour of duty: Active-duty service members with Command-sponsored family members, married active-duty members who are both assigned to Chinhae, DoD civilian employees with Command-sponsored family members and transportation agreements when DoD civilian gets a permission from Commanding Officer (ICO) via the HSC. This includes single parents with legal custody of Command-sponsored children who live with them for at least 6 consecutive months of the year. In some instances, people eligible for housing may not be assigned housing or housing may be unavailable.

For more information: CFAC Family Housing Guide

Family Housing Photos & Floor Plans  
Community Housing 

The HSC maintains a current database of available off-base community rental properties for homes, apartments and townhomes.  Housing referral professionals inspect these rental properties for suitability.  The HSC assists with locating off-base housing in the local area, including:   

How is the Housing Referral Service (HRS) Processed?

  • Stop by the HSC to be briefed about HRS during an orientation.

  • The member has 3 options to find the property:

    • ​​1) On your own

    • 2) Through authorized realtors cooperating with HSC

    • 3) Through local realtors

  • Schedule appointments to look around houses or apartments.

  • If selected, the lease agreement/special agreement and Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) Report for service member shall be completed.

  • The HSC will assist in completing the necessary documentation.

  • HSC reviews and approves the necessary documentation.

  • Forward the completed documentation to Command Pay and Personnel Administrator (CPPA) for military or HRO for civilian personnel. 

Referral Processing Requirements (Military / Civilian)

  • The Service member’s PCS order / Civilian’s TCS order (DD Form1614) or Transportation Agreement (DD Form 1617).

  • Housing Application Form (DD Form 1746).

  • Sex Offender Policy Acknowledgement and Disclosure (CNIC 11103/1) Form.

  • Command Sponsorship letter for dependents.

  • Certificate Of Non-Availability (CNA), if active-duty member stays in the barracks (SVM only).

  • Official chit with an approval for OHA entitlement / off-base housing through a chain of command (SVM only).

How is Termination Processed? (Military / Civilian)

  • Report to HSC 30 days in advance.

  • HSC sends “Lease Termination Notice' to the landlord and checks the remaining rent and utilities with the landlord.

  • HSC Sets Up & Conducts a termination inspection with the Landlord / Realtor.

  • Move out of off base housing.

  • HSC forwards a termination letter to CPPA /HRO and provides a copy to a member.

How TLA is Processed?

  • HSC receives application form from the member and inputs the information in Enterprise Military Housing (eMH).

  • Member shall provide TLA application form along with a lodging receipt or hotel invoice to HSC for a review every 10 days.

  • ​HSC inputs into eMH and publishes TLA claim form.

  • Member fills out the information on the TLA claim form with signature and sent back to HSC.

  • TLA application form signed by HSC will be forwarded to the CPPA to be uploaded in Transaction Online Processing System (TOPS) for the TLA payment. 

Rental Payment for Military Members

  • Payment will be made in the local currency to prevent members from losing money as a result of currency exchange-rate fluctuation. Only a month-to-month payment basis is authorized, and utilities and rent shall be made separately.

  • Service members or DoD civilians must submit a written termination to their landlords at least 30 days in advance before their move out date.

  • Members should use the rent receipt provided by HSC in case of paying by cash for each payment to prevent any issues and submit a copy of the receipt when terminates or member can set up the G.I Bill Pay Service for paying rent and utility.

  • Delinquent rent or utility payments will be reported to the member’s chain of command by the HSC. 

DoD Civilian Contract

  • Payment will be made in US Dollars to prevent DoD civilian who pay one year lump-sum from the losing money as a result of currency exchange-rate fluctuation. However, it can be changed according to each organization’s policy and instruction.

  • It is highly recommended that lease should made 90% or less of your authorized LQA. The HSC is not responsible for possible complications resulting from using the maximum amount of LQA authorized such as financial problems.

  • Submit one copy of the LQA payment receipt to the landlord and one copy to HSC.

For more information: Off-Base Housing Guide

Unaccompanied HOUSING 

Depending on assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, unaccompanied housing (UH) options at CFAC include barracks or dorms and housing in the local community.  

Barracks and Dorms 

UH is conveniently located on CFAC, in 12 buildings.    

Assignment:  Once UH assignment is completed the Building Manger will schedule a time for UH indoctrination and joint assignment. To keep the UH community safe and comfortable rules and regulations are put in place for all residents. The command feels the rules are reasonable and expect everyone to abide them.

  • UH indoctrination: A copy of the rules and regulations will be provided to occupant by the CFAC UH building manager during indoctrination.

  • Joint inspection purpose: Document room status and furnishings at check-in time.

  • Occupied Unaccompanied Housing: Occupant's responsibility is to promptly report all maintenance problems and required repairs.

  • Check-out: Tenant and Building Manager conduct a joint termination inspection to document room status at check-out. The Building Manager will explain the process during indoctrination.

Accommodations are one or two persons to a room based on pay grade and square footage.  Building 721 serves as the check-in point.  Linens are provided at check-in.  There are also recreational, fitness, dining, religious, educational and other amenities, most located within walking distance of UH.  Additional information on base amenities is available in the Welcome Aboard package.  

Resident advisors (RA) may also reside on-base.  RAs are senior personnel who provide an after-hours leadership presence to UH residents.  RAs sign a memorandum of understanding, agreeing to certain duties and responsibilities in exchange for a room in UH.  The program is strictly voluntary and open to personnel in pay grades E6 to E9 (E5 with their Command Senior Chief’s recommendation and Commanding Officer’s approval).  For more information about the RA program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH Administrative Office. 

Community Housing 

The Housing Service Center (HSC) maintains a current database of available off-base community rental properties for homes, apartments and townhomes.  Housing referral professionals inspect these rental properties for suitability.  The HSC assists with locating off-base housing in the local area, including:   

For more information on community housing click the family housing tab above. 

Navy Housing Services

The Navy Housing Service Center (HSC) mission is to provide housing support for all families and unaccompanied personnel moving to or departing from the local area.  

Arrival Services:

  • Housing needs assessment

  • Temporary housing information

  • Personalized home finding assistance

  • Provide rental listings 

  • Verify eligibility and process applications for Military Housing 

  • Maintain military housing wait list

  • Maps and directions of local area

Departure Services:

  • Provide information on housing at your new duty station

  • Process and fax or email housing application packages to your new duty station

Additional Services:

  • Telephones, photocopy and fax machines are available without charge


The HSC's trained professionals can help you choose the right housing to meet your needs, whether in government housing, community housing or unaccompanied housing. is an official Department of Defense (DoD) website dedicated to helping Service Members, families and DoD civilians find housing. 


Service Members should check-in with the HSC upon arrival at the installation, even if planning on renting in the local community.  The HSC maintains a current database, that is accessible 24 hours a day, of available off-base community rental properties for homes, apartments and townhomes.  Housing referral professionals inspect these rental properties for suitability.  Additionally, the HSC provides lease review services and is your Navy advocate for you and your family when housing maintenance, health or safety issues arise.  For additional information on local community housing, please contact the HSC. 
To list your rental property or update your current listing with the Navy Housing Referral program, visit the CNIC HQ page for  Additionally, the Navy Housing YouTube page has instructional videos on using to create a property manager account and add or edit a property.

Issue Resolution 

Navy HSCs provide support with issue resolution for customers wherever they choose to live, whether military, privatized, or community housing. Our issue resolution services are provided to both the tenant and landlord free of charge.

Shipping, Weight Limits and POV  

Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) is responsible for Navy household goods (HHG) and personal property.  NAVSUP provides information and guidance to assist with permanent change of station (PCS) moves and the HHG claims process.  
Additionally, there are several other resources available for Service Members that are looking for information on shipping HHG and privately owned vehicles

Visit the CNIC headquarters Web site to access additional resources for PCS moves

Local and on base storage for excess HHG is not available. Government-owned family housing in Chinhae is fully furnished. Personnel living on base will be limited to 2,500 pounds (net) or 25 percent (net) of weight allowance, whichever is greater. Bringing furniture or large appliance is not necessary and, please note, the government provided furniture in your quarters cannot be removed.

Members who receive authorization from the Chain of Commander to reside off base will be authorized the full weight allowance listed in the JTR.

Appliances and Electrical Requirements 

At CFAC, all government-owned family housing units are furnished with major household appliances (i.e. refrigerator, electric range or stove, clothes washer and dryer, dishwasher, freezer and microwave).  
Depending on the off-base housing, some of household appliances (refrigerator, four-burner gas stove, washer or dryer, conventional or microwave oven, and transformer) may furnish or not. 
Contact the HSC for more information.  

All costs associated with the installation of appliances shall be paid for by the Service Member. Extra Refrigerator: Members can request an extra refrigerator at the Family HSC, only if the family size is 5 or more including a member.

The Utilities or Electric cost for Korea Electric Power Company (KEPCO), Off-Base housing works like this: KEPCO imposes 3 different base rates per KWh/h according to how much electricity you use. The resident may check
Progressive Electricity Tariff on the back of bill statement you receive every month. Also, the rates differ according to whether you are a residential or commercial customer. For more information review the off-base housing guide

Temporary Loaner Furnishings for off-base housing 

Government-owned family housing in Chinhae is fully furnished. Local and on base storage for excess HHG is not available.

Temporary loaner furniture is issued to accompanied and unaccompanied military and Department of Defense civilian personnel for a maximum of 90 days (Inbound)/30 days (Outbound).  Household goods (HHG) must be in transit to be eligible for loaner furniture.  Furniture is loaned for up to 90 days or until the HHG shipment arrives, whichever occurs earlier. Under no circumstances are personnel allowed to have government loaned furnishings beyond 90 days (Inbound)/30 days (Outbound).  Exceptions or waivers should be approved by CFAC Housing Director through CFAC Furniture Program Manager.  

What to Bring

Here are a few suggestions for items that you may want to bring:

  • Clothing and personal care items

  • Linens

  • Toys, games, books and outdoor toys

  • Decorative items

  • Electronics such as computer, TVs, video equipment, etc. 

  • Artwork

  • Indoor trash cans, brooms, mops, bucket

  • Countertop appliances

  • Dishes, glassware and flatware

  • Cookware and utensils

  • Telephone and answering machine

  • Craft and hobby items

Typical Furnishings Provided

The table below lists the furnishings provided for each type of house.  Please keep in mind that storage is limited on the base, and the furniture that is supplied must stay with the unit.


CFAC welcomes families with pets.  Up to 2 household pets (cats, dogs, no exotic or farm pets) per family are allowed.  Exceptions for alternative types of pets must be requested in writing and approved by CFAC via the FH office.

You are responsible for keeping your pets restrained if they are outside.  Flea and tick elimination are the responsibility of the pet owner, as is any carpet cleaning.  Also, you are responsible for any damage caused to the unit, furniture, carpet or grounds by your pet.  Responsible pet ownership is a key factor in eliminating a free-roaming cat and dog population. Free-roaming cats and dogs pose a potential public health threat to personnel on CFAC. Pet owners must maintain their yards and adjacent areas clean and free of animal droppings.


Chinhae Housing FAQs

TextDescription automatically generated with medium confidenceHousing Early Assistance Tool

The Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) assists Service Members and their families in applying for housing Navy wide.  HEAT allows Service Members and their families to get the housing application process started at one or more Navy installations online before or after they receive their permanent change of station orders.  HEAT is available to any Service Member at all Navy installations.  HEAT creates an easy user experience to connect with your destination.  Spouses can use the application as well, needing only minimal information about their Service Member.  A housing referral professional will be in touch within 2 business days.


Google Translation Disclaimer

  • Google Translate, a third party service provided by Google, performs all translations directly and dynamically.
  • CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, has no control over the features, functions, or performance of the Google Translate service.
  • The automated translations should not be considered exact and should be used only as an approximation of the original English language content.
  • This service is meant solely for the assistance of limited English-speaking users of the website.
  • CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information translated.
  • Some items cannot be translated, including but not limited to image buttons, drop down menus, graphics, photos, or portable document formats (pdfs).
  • CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, does not directly endorse Google Translate or imply that it is the only language translation solution available to users.
  • All site visitors may choose to use similar tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use CNIC Fleet and Family Readiness, content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk.
  • IE users: Please note that Google Translate may not render correctly when using Internet Explorer. Users are advised to use MS Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browser to take full advantage of the Google Translate feature.
  • The official text of content on this site is the English version found on this website. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in translated text, refer to the English version on this website, it is the official version.

Commander, Navy Installations Command   |   716 Sicard Street SE Suite 1000   |   Washington DC, 20374-5140
Official U.S. Navy Website